June 24, 2019, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
United Hebrew Congregation
13788 Conway Road
St. Louis, MO 63141
Join us for a day of learning, music and of course, food. Our featured performance at 1 p.m. will be the play Loop performed by Slaying Dragons theater company. It refers to the way the mind of an Alzheimer’s sufferer works…in a loop. The story concerns the difficulties one family of three generations must face when their elderly relative is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. There is a nice balance of humor provided by the third generation who tries to keep the atmosphere more lively and take the stress off the family. The play, adapted from the original play by John Williams, reflects the struggles of the family but adds the element of humor so that the audience is left with a hopeful outlook.
$18 Full Day Pass (Includes breakfast, all morning sessions, lunch and afternoon concert)
$10 Morning Pass (Includes breakfast and morning sessions only)
$10 Concert Pass (Includes lunch and concert only)
8:30 a.m. Senior Fair opens (see below for vendors)
9:00 a.m. Breakfast: Bagels, cream cheese, egg frittata, fresh fruit, juice and coffee
10:00 a.m. Session 1 begins (multiple options offered)
11:00 a.m. Session 2 begins (multiple options offered)
12 noon Lunch: Pasta Bar including regular and gluten free pasta as well as chicken strips and meatballs, salad, garlic bread and dessert
1 p.m. Slaying Dragons performance of Loop
Session 1 10-10:45 a.m.
- Lincoln and the Jews The Jews had and continue to have a special relationship with President Lincoln. Join Harvey Blumenthal as he shares his insights into this important relationship. Harvey is a native St. Louisan who now lives in Tulsa. He teaches many adult learning courses on topics related to Lincoln, the Civil War and the Jews..
- Israel Forum: Join Rabbi Brigitte Rosenberg for a round table discussion on current events in Israel.
- Matchmakers, Money and the Messiah; How Fiddler on the Roof Answers our Big Jewish Questions: 55 years after it first opened, the musical Fiddler on the Roof still touches on some of the most relevant struggles in the Jewish community from shtetl life to the modern day. We’ll sing the songs you know by heart, as well as some that landed on the cutting room floor, and discuss how they define central Jewish ideas then and now. Led by Rabbi Amy Feder
- Senior Living Options – Staying Put or Retirement Community? At some point, you may face the decision to either: Stay in your current home; Downsize to a smaller place; Move into a “senior” community. Learn about: The pro’s and cons of each option; The questions to ask; The costs involved; Available Resources
Session 2 11-11:45 a.m.
- Lincoln and the Jews: The Jews had and continue to have a special relationship with President Lincoln. Join Harvey Blumenthal as he shares his insights into this important relationship. Harvey is a native St. Louisan who now lives in Tulsa. He teaches many adult learning courses on topics related to Lincoln, the Civil War and the Jews.
- History of Anti-Semitism: Join Rabbi Brigitte Rosenberg in exploring the origins of antisemitism through art and stereotypes and why it continues to exist.
- “Praying with Confidence”: Join Rabbi Hersh as she guides participants through the core elements of a prayer service as well as the deeper and greater spiritual meaning behind Jewish prayer.
- Financial and Estate Planning Essentials: Not having a plan is often a plan in itself. To maintain control and have options, no matter our age or level of wealth, we need a roadmap. In this session, you’ll interact with financial and legal professionals that specialize is helping older adults get their ducks in a row. Discussion points include: Essential Legal & Medical documents; Asset Protection.
- A Taste of Wise Aging wtih Debbie Bram: Create new understandings about life so you can live with spirit, resilience and joy. Using prayer, meditation and discussion, you will get a taste of tools to use as you age.
Complimentary Valet Parking and Cab Service
Need a ride? We offer complimentary cab service!
Let us know if you need a cab when you make your reservation.
REGISTER by Clicking HERE